Tuesday 19 January 2016

Parc Du Cinquantenaire and Merode

Almost everyday I had a french conversation lesson with a tutor that I found online, Emmanuel.  It was decided that since besides improving my spoken french my other reason for visiting Brussels was to see as much of the city as I could. So it was agreed that Emmanuel and I would meet at a different place for each lesson wherever possible. For one of my lessons he proposed that we go to Merode, since I did not know my way around,he met me and walked with me   me across the Parc du Cinquantenaire which  is a large public urban park, which was build to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Belgium's independence.  the park is very beautiful lovely benches, trees, ponds and pathways.  i could imagine that in summer it must be a great place to be...but still even as it was it  lovely. After a longish walk we arrived at Merode and I chose to have my lesson at Carpe Diem....I thought it was a fitting choice...it was a cute cosy cafe..







No comments:

Post a Comment