Wednesday 20 January 2016

Day Trip To Antwerp

Having spent a exactly one week in Brussels ....I decided it was time to visit a nearby city called Antwerp. Antwerp is Belgium's second city and biggest port. While Brussels is mainly under French influence....Antwerp is under Dutch influence. It was a cold rainy day...like many of my days in Brussels so far... but nonetheless undeterred by weather I ventured out...I arrived in Antwerp after about 40 minutes.  Along the streets I saw  a lot of members of the Orthodox church dressed in black.... I also found out that Antwerp is famous for diamonds.. I guess they did not mention that during my history lessons. I was prepared to visit historical buildings and museums, however... the bad weather was unfortunately persistent..lots of wind and rain, making sight seeing very difficult if not almost impossible.... so I ended up at another Exki cafe... I found this one more to my taste....very cute and cozy on two floors.....while there i met a young lady from Burundi who was having coffee there. We chatted briefly watching the street...I will return there again in better weather and explore the city next time...








No comments:

Post a Comment